Search This Blog!

Monday 10 June 2019

E3 - Xbox Conference - My Thoughts

E3 - XBOX CONFERENCE - MY THOUGHTS
So this year, I decided to watch the live streams of E3 and I started with the Xbox Conference. This conference was pretty cool as I am a huge Xbox fan. Here are a few of my favourite parts from the livestream:

1) Project Scarlett announcement
Project Scarlett was predicted. Sort of. We had already heard the announcement of the PS5 by Sony, who unfortunately were not at E3 this year. Everyone thought that once the PS5 had been announced, Microsoft would be announcing something as well. And they were right.

Project Scarlett was said to be releasing in Christmas 2020 (I'll sit here and wait) and to have more power than the Xbox One X. It is also said to run of an SSD. Interesting much.

2) Halo Infinite
I am a huge Halo fan. So seeing the teaser for this game got me pretty excited. Halo Infinite is the title game that is going to be released with Project Scarlett in 2020. Halo Infinite takes on from Halo 5: Guardians and the game will also be released on PCs.

Hopefully, this game will be quite good, as I have always played and loved the Halo games.

3) Forza Horizon 4 - Lego Speed DLC
This DLC announcement was amazing. They brought onto the stage a Lego supercar of some form. The trailer for the DLC included the song, 'Everything is Awesome' from the Lego movie. The DLC allows you to have a master builder house and even a Lego Ferrari!

4) Lego Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga
I screamed when I saw that this game was being released. I have been a fan of the Lego games ever since I was little, with Lego Star Wars - The Videogame on PS2 being the first Lego game I remember playing.

This new game is based on all 9 of the Star Wars movies (in the Skywalker Saga - not including Rogue One or Solo). The cutscenes look promising, with no talking (although I do like the talking in the later Lego games) and Darth Vader trying to give Luke his own hand.

5) The Outer Worlds & Cyberpunk 2077
The Outer Worlds is a cool sci-fi looking game whose story is up to you. The main character is awaken from a deep cryposleep and discovers that huge mega corporations are out to destroy the alien lands that you are exploring. It is a mix of action, sci-fi and comedy,

The other game that caught my eye was Cyberpunk 2077. This game I have seen for ages and I have always liked the look of. It also has a sci-fi aspect to it. The main character is called V, a character that you alter, and they are a mercenary in the fictional Night City, California. 

To be honest, all of these games look amazing and I cannot wait to play them. Stay tuned for my take on the Bethesda Conference that happened afterwards.

So until next time,
Peace Out - Geekette

No comments:

Post a Comment