Search This Blog!

Monday 18 March 2019

Geekette's Top 5... Nintendo DS Games

GEEKETTE'S TOP 5... NINTENDO DS GAMES
Hey again and I'm trying something new this week, which is a top 5 list. This list will vary depending on what it is based on and this week, it is a top 5 of my personal favourite Nintendo DS games, so let's jump into it.

5) Mario Party DS











What better way to start of a top 5 then including a Mario game. Growing up, I had a DS and this is one of the games I remember playing, as I was a Mario fan. We also had Mario Party on the Wii, so this was a perfect fit. There were different modes that you could play, including a story mode. This story mode, I remember being incredibly hard and struggling a lot.

4) Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry












This is another game that I loved playing as a kid. I did have things like Animal Crossing, but being a huge Harry Potter fan, this game was right up my alley. Enchanted Folk was like Animal Crossing, but set in a world where you went to a School of Wizardry (not Hogwarts Sadly) and learnt magical spells to use in the world. This was one of my favourite games ever made.

3) Professor Layton and the Curious Village











For everyone who plays Detective Pikachu on the 3DS, this could be one of the games that inspired it. Professor Layton was one of the very first DS games I got, so is always one of my favourites. You go around this village trying to solve the mystery behind it. You are tasked with solving a lot of puzzles, most of which I still struggle with today.

2) Mario Kart DS











Similar lists I have seen have put Mario Kart at the top spot, and you may be thinking along the lines of Geekette how could you?! But Mario Kart has won second place this time. This was another one of my first games on my DS that I owned, so it does hold a place in my heart and brings back some good memories (being sat in our class at the end of term with our DSs racing each other). Mario Kart is your generic race game with everyone's favourite characters going on various circuits set in the Mario world. My personal favourite was Bowser in his orange cart.

1) Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4











My top spot is awarded to... Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (10 points to Hufflepuff)! Being a huge Harry Potter fan and Lego fan, this game was my dream come true. I love the Lego games, but this one gives me a happiness feeling when I play it and I feel like I'm 10 again. Lego Harry Potter is based on the first four years of Harry attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but in Lego form. This game is filled with lots of small and cute cutscenes to make anyone smile.

There we have it, my personal top 5 Nintendo DS games. What are your guys favourite games? Any similar or some that I may have missed? Let me know!

So until next time,
Peace Out - Geekette

No comments:

Post a Comment