Search This Blog!

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Retro Game of the Week - 14/08/2018

RETRO GAME OF THE WEEK - 14/08/2018
LEGO STAR WARS: THE VIDEO GAME
This week's retro game is Lego Star Wars: The Video Game, a game that I remember playing a lot in my childhood. This game was released in 2005 on the Gameboy Advanced, Windows computers, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox and Mac OS X.

Legostarwarsthevideogame.jpg
Lego Star Wars: The Video Game was the first of the Lego video games to be produced by the company Traveller's Tales (or TT games), who would then go on and produce all of the future Lego games.

The game itself is set in the prequel trilogy (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith). The aim of the game is for the players to play through the different chapters of the movies. Each of the movies were called 'Episodes' (like in real life) and then those episodes were broken down into 'Chapters'. The players also walk around collecting studs (the Lego game's currency) and unlocking Free Play mode, which allows the player to choose any character that they have unlocked to play on that level.

This game was a childhood favourite of mine as I always loved blowing things up with the lightsabers. I also remember it as one of the first Lego games that I played, as my dad had it on the PlayStation 2. My favourite level on it was probably the Invasion of Naboo level as I love the design of the city, but I also loved the hub, Dexter's Diner.

Image result for lego star wars the video game dexter's diner
So that does it for today's short but sweet retro game of the week. I hope you enjoyed it and stay tuned for my next blog post.

So until next time,
Peace Out - Geekette

No comments:

Post a Comment